He's a sweet boy. Really. But some days are harder than others. So Aiden was in the bathroom playing in the water. I warned him once that he couldn't do that. He came back a few minutes later and started playing in the water again. So I scolded him and moved him into the hallway and went back to getting ready. A few minutes later I heard Aiden's little voice, a bit hesitantly saying, "you're stupid". I looked over to see him pointing his plastic gun straight at me. I got threatened with a gun by my own child.
Later that day he ran into my room yelling, "come look at Annie's hair!". I ran into the bathroom to see one lone curl on the bathroom floor. So sad. But, I'm no idiot, I know that Annie doesn't have the wherewithal to cut her own hair. I had to interrogate Aiden until he admitted that it was him that cut Annie's hair. Strike two.
Fortunately for him, he never struck out. On the contrary, he made good. A day later we were at the dinosaur museum and he said the words every mother dreams of hearing: "Mommy, I will do anything you want me to do." Seriously, it was completely unsolicited. It was wonderful. To top it all off, he drew me this picture.
How can you not love a kid like that?
3 comments:
What a wonderful boy! You handled it well, or there may have been strike three.
The story about the gun sounds pretty bad written (and I guess it is bad to have a 4 yr old insult his mom while pointing a gun at her). But every time I've heard Sarah tell the story she is laughing so hard that she has to wipe tears out of her eyes.
Best Aiden story of all -- last night he grabbed a blanket from upstairs then, without a word from him, Sarah, or me, he put himself to bed. He didn't come back upstairs once. It was the best night of my life.
I am Sooooooooooo jealous about the bedtime story. If only, if only....
Post a Comment