Mar 26, 2011

Don't waste your money

We went with my family to see Rango today.  It was... weird. Boring storyline, dark animation, strange characters.  All with some mild cussing thrown in.  Not even worth it through Redbox- and I have very low standards for Redbox movies. You can thank me for the two hours of your life that I have saved you from wasting.

5 comments:

Amy McArthur said...

Wow. How can I ever repay you? How about this. Are you a Jane Austen fan? If you are check out the 2009 BBC version of Emma. Four hours of surprisingly good entertainment. They don't try to be the same as the Gwenyth Paltrow-Jeremy Northam version and the results are strangely wonderful. There. Now I feel balanced again.

Carli and Jeremy said...

Amy! I just watched that this week and loved it! Weird...So good though. It follows the book so much better than the GP version.

Carli and Jeremy said...

The movie wasn't weird, just weird that I just watched it and then you commented on it. Just had to clear that up. :)

Amy McArthur said...

Carli, That is weird. I liked it so much I got it about 3 times from netflix and finally Cody just bought it for me for Valentine's Day. So now I OWN IT!!! I'm so happy. I love the GP version and I think GP is prettier but they did such a great job with this one. I was pleasantly surprised.

Kristen said...

Thanks for the heads up. We also have very low Redbox standards. Almost anything is worth a dollar. But apparently not this.

Did I tell you that I was wondering for the longest time why you weren't updating your blog? (Well, it never showed updates in google reader.) Then I realized it was still linking to your old blog. So I've caught myself back up on your life. You have such a cute family. And I'm going to try some of those meatless meals. They look delish!