Annie's favorite new activity is hiding. Most of the time it is cute. She hides every time Landon leaves in the morning so that he has to find her to give her a goodbye kiss. It involves lots of stomping (from Landon) and squealing (mostly from Annie).
However, this week she decided to hide while we were at Old Navy. Not cool. After a few minutes of me and another nice lady yelling her name in the store (for the record, I don't usually yell in retail stores, it is amazing what a mom will do when her child is lost), we got the employees involved. She was eventually found hiding behind a rack of clothes in the corner. She thought it was a lovely activity. I did not.
After that adventure we went on a little walk to a river behind Old Navy. The kids had a grand time throwing rocks, sticks, etc. into the river while I played with the camera on my phone. After a few minutes Annie climbed up the bank and told me she needed to go potty. In exasperation I muttered, "can't you just go potty outside?!". She looked at me kind of funny and proceeded to go- even though I know full well she could have held it until we found a potty. She didn't even attempt to remove her underwear. Just let it all out all over her feet. And I have learned my lesson- I shouldn't make sarcastic comments to my kids. They don't really get the subtlety. Luckily, we had a new dress in the car that she was able to wear home.

1 comment:
This is great! My laugh for the day - both incidents, sorry. I love the beautiful pictures.
Post a Comment