Apr 11, 2011

Let the Festivities Begin

As happens on all birthdays we had some hits and some misses on Annie's big day.

Hits:
pink frosting
pink streamers
pink My Little Pony (from Jim andChar)
pink legos
pink rainboots
pink scooter (from Roger and Sue)

Misses:
yellow kite



Biggest hit: burrito dinner with a collection of Landon's siblings (Thank you Evan, Tawna, Kory, and Krista) and my parents.  It is always nice to celebrate with family.
 And to finish off the big night, I made the most beautiful birthday cake ever.  TLC is thinking of signing me for a new reality baking show called "How to Bake a Tacky Cake".  It will be a hit. For the record,it tasted pretty good, minus the gummy butterflies.


And now we are spending the day decompressing.  Fortunately it is sunny outside and Annie has been cruising on her scooter all morning. 

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Sounds like a perfect three year old birthday to me. I am glad the sun is out just in time for her scooter. That is perfect. I must say though, the Purple my little pony was not lost on me. :-)

laura said...

What a fun birthday- family, food and Scooters(we are BIG Scooter fans over here). I love Annie- I think I could listen to stories about her all day. And I love the beautiful pony cake. It looks like you took a number from my playbook- make any cake you want, and stick a toy on top. I count myself lucky that the kids still think they are coolest cakes ever made.