The girls have been getting heavy coverage around here, so here's a little bit about Aido.
-He just got done playing soccer. As you can imagine, he wasn't the most aggressive player out there. I think his relaxed approach drove Landon a little bit crazy. Before every game Landon gave him the same pep talk, "get out there and push the other kids, knock them around, pull their shirts!" And each time, Aiden would go out and stay in the general vicinity of the ball, but never really get in there to kick it. I finally sat him down and tried to explain that aggression is okay when you are playing soccer. All he said was, "But mom, I don't like being mean." Who am I to challenge that mentality.
-His lack of meanness in soccer does not, however, extend to his relationship with his sisters. He is a perfect big brother and torments them to no end. Just today we heard Norah screaming because he shoved handfuls of dirt down her pajamas. But they still seem to love him and always want to be with him.
-He is curious about everything. Everything. He has been on a kick recently trying to figure out life and death, how we get to heaven, ("does Jesus take us there in a car?"), etc., I'm used to being able to lie and put off his questions, but I can't do it with these new questions. It has been a good mental exercise for me to figure out how to simplify the doctrine to his level.
-He loves letters and numbers. It's fun to see him try to figure it all out.



5 comments:
He is such a sweet boy. This post makes me want to spend more time getting to know my nieces and nephews. When we get together, I usually just shoo my kids off to play and then enjoy the girls company. I am going to make a point to talk to each of my nieces and nephews next week. OOhhh, I am even more excited now. :-)
Love Aiden. He's so smart and gentle.
And how did you take that picture of the three in the kitchen... with the natural light behind them, but there faces are still lit up. ???
Adorable! How do we get to heaven?
Little girls are nice, but I think there's just something special about little boys. I'm glad your Aiden is such a sweetie. I always hear stories from my mom and brothers about how adorable and funny he is. Which of course just makes me wish we lived closer.
That is a sweet post about Aiden. I really love that kid. It sounds like you have had the same experience with soccer that we had. Not that into it and kind of driving the dad crazy. So funny. I love the picture of him with his name in leggos. What a smart boy. He is going to love preschool!
Post a Comment