That's what I told Annie and Aiden we were having since Landon was going to be out of town for the weekend. I don't enjoy Landon being gone. Not at all. The one bright spot when he goes out of town is that I get to hang out with my mom a little bit. We headed to Thanksgiving Point on Thursday to see the tulips and it was gorgeous.
After that the weather turned sour and me and the kids were left to our own devices. Well, not totally. My dad came and took us to dinner on Friday night. We went to Tepanyaki thinking the kids would love watching the chefs cook dinner. We were wrong, kind of. When the lit the oil on fire, Aiden completely lost it. He leapt off his chair straight onto my lap and spent the rest of dinner either terrified in my lap or sitting on the floor away from the action. Annie was a little startled by it all but loved it for the most part. And Norah was, at most, distracted by all the knife-throwing, shrimp-catching, and flames. All in all, it was hilarious.
Saturday and Sunday was just long. Really long. I did get our bathroom painted. But Landon came home eventually and all is well.
Tulip Festival:
 |
| Annie cruisin' in her skivvies. |
 |
| Aiden kept his clothes on. |
 |
| Norah. |
 |
| Family Photo |
 |
| Aiden in my lap, Annie a tad terrified. |
 |
| Norah lovin' the food. |
 |
| Trip to Home Depot for painting supplies |
 |
| Dad keeping me sane. |
|
 |
| Reading while the kids played. A classic coping strategy. |
 |
| Have I mentioned that Aiden plays soccer? It's a ton of fun. I'm just glad it is at an indoor field. |
 |
| All dressed up for church. Don't worry, I did Annie's hair before we went to church. |
1 comment:
This really made me laugh about the restaurant! Great pictures, thanks.
Post a Comment