Aiden turned five. Last year I had a two-week old baby and I'm afraid that he got a little short-changed in the birthday department. This year I had a bit more energy and I had a wonderful time celebrating Aiden all day long. He chose French Toast, ice cream and blueberries with blue gataorade for breakfast. Landon came home and picked him up to take him to lunch at Noddles & Co. And for dinner we had a hot-dog roast with grandparents, cousins, etc., He got a mountain of presents this year. The highlight was the craft box I put together for him. He has spent hours with his new markers, tracing paper, and paint.
I made the most amazing cake for him. I thought Annie's cake was pretty awesome, but Aiden didn't want a dragon on top of the cake he wanted a DRAGON CAKE. A special thank you to google for providing instructions and pictures to walk me through the process. Anyone who watched the process of the cake decorating knows that the finished product could only have been a miracle. It was touch-and-go for a while. But I think I really outdid myself this time around. Here is Aiden slaying the dragon.
The victor and his (sweet) spoils.



2 comments:
He is too cute! Your cake is amazing! I too have had cakes that are touch and go... some more go than touch. But yours turned out fantastic. I'm afraid that I have cursed myself by showing it to Nicholas who will now demand just such a cake for his birthday next month. I may have to call you for pointers. Is Aiden starting Kindergarten this year?! I can't believe he's that old.
I am impressed!! Happy Birthday Aiden!
Post a Comment