I actually didn't think I was really pregnant until I saw pictures of this baby for myself. But the signs were all there:
In December I caught some sort of stomach bug and spent all day sick in bed wanting to throw up (not pregnancy-related, hallelujah). That night I started to feel better and my body realized that I hadn't eaten all day. Around 9:30 that night I was desperate for a steak. A steak didn't just sound nice, I needed it. Landon must have seen the desperation on my face and went to the store to pick up a steak for me. I slapped it on the grill and ten minutes later had the very best steak of my life. Red meat at 10:00? Sign me up.
A few weeks ago I was running at the gym when the song "Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele came on my ipod. There is nothing emotional about that song but for some reason I almost lost it when I heard it. I have never been so close to crying in my life. I was able to hold back the actual tears if only to preserve my pride. However, later that week all the cheesy Valentine ads were on the radio and I actually cried tears when I heard this heart-wrenching script, "You remember the day you first saw her. The day you wanted to give her a ring and make her yours forever..." The ad was complete garbage, but it really got to me.
And the kicker that I must actually be pregnant -I love love love full-panel maternity pants. You know, the ones that rest right below your bra. Nothing cute or sexy about them. So much for my pride. Long live full-panel pants!

6 comments:
You love the full panel pant??? I too love the full panel maternity pant!!! I wore them every day and was happy to know that my pregnant belly wasn't hanging out below my shirt.
And um, I have been begging for steak as well. Still haven't had it. Sounds delicious.
Congratulations!!! I'm excited for your new baby girl to come.
Sorry, that was Alicia. Didn't know Mom was signed in on the computer.
Set fire to the rain? I'm cracking up imagining you almost losing it at the gym with that song in the background.... seriously, it's going to be my go-to-mental-image for at least a week, whenever I need to smile. And I don't think I'll ever listen to that song the same way again.
Sarah, you are totally cracking me up. I too am imagining a women in the gym on the treadmill breaking down into tears. Oh the stories the other women there could have thought up about why you were crying. Hilarious.
I am so excited for you guys and your new baby girl! Although I do wish for a brother for Aiden, but I know full well that you can't pick the sex of your baby.
I know I was specifically excluded from the name game, BUT didn't one of my suggestions just sound wonderful? Pikah, for example
Pregnancy really does crazy things to a person.
I love the tears at the gym. Sadlly, I have cried on the treadmill many times... not one of the times was I pregnant. You are way stronger than I am. I pretend that my tears are just sweat... coming from my eyes.
Can't wait to meet this new baby girl!
Post a Comment