Jul 25, 2012

Welcome to the World, Liz!

She did it! She came!  Only 8 days late, but that's fine.  She was worth it.


So here's the scoop.  Monday morning I had an appointment with my midwife because she doesn't like her patients to go over much longer than a week. Especially when they are already dilated to a five, almost completely effaced, and have a history of fast labors.  I desperately didn't want to get induced so she was willing to try a few things before we did a straight induction.

In the morning she stripped my membranes and sent me out walking.  I spent a good two hours power-walking around downtown Salt Lake while Landon sat on a bench on a conference call.  I'm sure I looked awesome.  After two hours, nothing had really happened so I was willing to just go along with an induction.  We met my midwife at the hospital and while I was waiting I had a contraction that felt like it could be the real deal.  Yay!  She broke my water at 3:01, labor started soon thereafter, and baby Liz came at 5:01.  I am surprisingly grateful that I didn't have to use pitocin or anything and that Liz could come when she was ready.  All in all, it was a great experience.  Oh, and a shout-out to Shannon, the best delivery nurse ever.  I love that woman.

So, welcome to the world, Elizabeth Colleen.

Here are some "before" shots.
40 weeks

41 weeks and 1 day. At the hospital waiting for her to come.

And, the beautiful, miraculous "afters".  


Norah thinks that Liz is "SO TUTE!"

What?!  How are there that many people in my family?  Woah.

Annie loved all my bracelets.  The hopsital bracelet was nice but she really loved my "swirly bracelet"- the IV port. 

And this is what I did today. I love this part of a new baby. 




9 comments:

Margie B said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! You are a rock star! I'm so glad she's here and that she's so beautiful. (She looks like Norah to me) Spend lots of good quality "baby snuggle" time! Welcome Liz!

Sue said...

Beautiful! What a great day! So happy she came her own way, with a little nudging. She is gorgeous!

Carli and Jeremy said...

Yea! I need to talk to you! I am glad you are enjoying your first few days with her cuddling... And I just realized that my Mexico mom's name was Liz. Pronounced "Leece" I love it! I love her already.

Unknown said...

Seriously how does someone so tiny carry a baby? I'm surprised she didn't pop right out of your belly. She's adorable:)

Amy McArthur said...

I'm all teary! I love, love, love, looooove the family picture in the hospital. I love that Annie liked your bracelets (my girls loved mine), and I think you need to post a video of Norah saying "so tute". Give the baby a good snuggle for me.

laura said...

She is absolutely perfect. I LOVE little Liz. And, why does Norah look so big all of a sudden... with her hair styled and everything? She's so cute. Annie needs to be a nurse- she can see the beauty in all things. I'm so happy for your family. Love you all.

Breanne said...

Hurray! Your baby is here and she is very cute! I want to come meet her soon. Also, I just saw the post about your basement remodel, you never cease to amaze. Have fun with you sweet cuddly newborn, mine is now 7 months, say what?!

Roger said...

Love little Liz, not a big fan of swirly braclets.

K Cummings said...

Wow, nice work!
And I agree, my favorite part is that snuggly always sleeping stage which justified me curling up with the baby and a good book in bed for hours.