Sep 12, 2012

Rewind: Bear Lake

Let's go back a few weeks.  Before school, routine, and before Liz was sleeping through the night.  Before all of these great things happened, I spent a wonderful week in Bear Lake with my family.
Some highlights:

Enjoying the water:


Mark showing off

Danny's back dive

And Jenni looks gorgeous


The girls on the tube

I love his freckles


What a sweetie

Until you see her close-up. Yikes!  Sunscreen in her eyes, doritos around her mouth, and
and dirt pretty much everywhere.  Not her best look. 

Aiden got a bee sting on his arm.  It sent him into hysterics. 

Ahhhh, the best part of the beach.  Sitting around, reading, eating, etc., 


Eating

Yummy juiebox

So much good food.  I'm sparing you the twenty pictures just of food.  Homemade pizza, steak, salmon,
mesquite chicken, sante fe salad, quinoa burrito bowls.  It was a delicious week.
The kids were relegated to their own table

Cousins


These kids don't see eachother enough. 

Bedtime stories

dancing

And of course, Netflix on the iPad while the parents slept in

Rock climbing and hiking in Logan Canyon
Mountain men

The girls hangin out

Michael rocking the new haircut

Aiden

Is there anything cuter than these pigtails hanging out of a rock climbing helmet?

Annie trying her hand at rappelling


Me, Landon, and the babies
Norah's caterpillar

The ladies 
snacks
We spent the bulk of our time just hangin' out at the cabin

My mom telling us about Paris

Mark gave me this nice pose- and so I put it on the internet
Norah cruising down the spiral staircase

What is everyone looking at?

They were all watching Dr. Mark remove Ollie's stitches

Building airplanes

flying airplanes

looking for airplanes

...and the close-up. Looking for airplanes while wearing airplane bags as pants and sporting a wedgie. 

working around the house

relaxing

reading

painting nails

painting grandma's nails.  


She's a brave lady

The best part about the cabin- descending into the dungeon

The kids spent a lot of time in the dungeon.  And really, why wouldn't they?  It looks so comfortable.

Flying with Aunt Jenni- possibly the only time Norah smiled the whole trip. 


The family.

Thanks for a great week, everyone.  And I promise that next time I won't be so tired and hormonal.

6 comments:

Sue said...

I love the cabin! And the water! And the people! Great vacation thanks for sharing.

Scott B. said...

Now THAT is some "cabin"! I think it's funny that that gorgeous home has been referred to as "the cabin". It is beautiful. I'm so happy for your parents that it is finally done and ready for them to enjoy. I bet they LOVED getting to have all of their family there together. It looks so fun. Of course, the pictures are amazing. I loved the kiddies in their matching pjs. And that your mom let Annie paint her nails. And of course, Annie's airplane pants.

Erin Ellsworth said...

I miss your family! It seems like I used to always go on the Christensen family vacations! Ha Ha Your cabin looks so great!

Amy McArthur said...

I have so many things I want to say about this post, but I'm going to settle on this. You guys have one big, beautiful family. Filthy Norah is my favorite, and thank heavens Michael got a hair cut. Tell him thank you from me.

laura said...

A dream vacation... The "cabin" is gorgeous(minus the dungeon). And your family is all so tan and beautiful. Every single time I see a picture of Norah or Annie, I laugh. Seriously, plastic bag pants. Hilarious. And the close up of sweet Norah's nasty face. Love it. The girl PJ picture is my very favorite. All those curly-headed blondes... it's almost too much for me to handle. Looks like a blast.

Breanne said...

Your parents cabin turned out amazing! I was very intrigued by Danny's method for bedtime stories. I am going to have to try that one, it might just solve all my problems. I love your family! It was fun to see pictures of everyone.