Nov 4, 2012

Fall Vacation

For Aiden's fall vacation we headed up to Bear Lake with my sister-in-law Alicia and her kids.  Two adults and eight kids six and under makes for a chaotic vacation but it was wonderful and sorely needed.  Fortunately for everyone, the dads and Aunt Tawna came up two days into the chaos and kept us from going completely insane.

 Day One: Picnic at the beach.

 It was pretty chilly but these kids didn't seem to mind.
 They found a footprint from the Bear Lake Monster.  Scary.
 Norah dabbled in the water.
The jumped in the water.  Which of course resulted in her falling into the water.
 So she had to strip naked and walk up the beach in only a puffy vest.
But by the time she got home the cold had worn off and she had a nice naked bike ride.  It was only about 55 degrees, but she was undeterred.  Have I mentioned that I love Norah? Just wait, she will get some more play in a few seconds.

Day Two:  
Started with this. Ahhh, bliss. 
 That afternoon we made halloween cookies.  Or, as Norah would say: HALLOWEEN TOOKIES!
 Norah's creation.
 And Annies.  Blech.

That evening we went on a walk.  I love watching kids in wide open spaces.  It is just good for the soul.

These two became good pals.
 And here is one handsome boy.
 Here are the explorers with their explorer cups.  Clearly they are ready to go.

 And my favorite picture.  Oh Brielle, you crack me up. She was just so excited!

 Annie carried around this cricket for a very long time.
The happy family
This is what Norah did for a full thirty minutes.  Click on the picture to play. 

And thank you for this picture, Alicia.  I look like a totem pole.   

Day Three:

Aunt Tawna, the baby whisperer, entered the picture. Hallelujah. 
 Landon cooked.
 Norah whined.
 The kids watched hours of movies.
 The dads took the little ones on a jeep ride.
 Ava and Annie made a "shoe cradle" for Liz.  So sweet.
Norah counted rocks and put them into cups.  Over and over again.  
The big kids colored.

Perfect.
Thanks for a great weekend, Alicia and crew!

6 comments:

Sue said...

I love the cabin at Bear Lake! If this becomes and annual event, please let me know. I love Norah shaking rocks, what personality trait does that show?

Erin Ellsworth said...

Looks like so much fun. The rock video was classic!

Roger said...

A wonderful life

Amy McArthur said...

Seriously, Norah is my favorite. What is it about little kids lifting up their shirts to peek at their tummies that is completely, irresistibly, adorable? I love the shoe cradle, and Liz in nothing but a diaper. You make a fantastic totem pole.

Breanne said...

Ha ha! I have been sick all day and the video of Norah was just the perfect medicine. I laughed for sure and now I think I will go throw up...love you Sarah!

Scott B. said...

It really was so nice to be up there all together. I love any chance the cousins get to play and the house and lake were beautiful. Thank you so much for such a good weekend. I love the pictures. The one of Aiden and Brielle together is so cute and I love the one of you and your kids.