Feb 17, 2011

Valentines

 
J'adore Valentines Day.  Here is ours in a series of pictures:

Preschool Parties:

Candlelight Valentine's Breakfast 
(chocolate chip pancakes and whipping cream):

 Making Love Houses for family night:

Our Night:
Okay, I have to go into a little more detail here. Landon and I went to our Stake Valentine's Dance on Saturday night and had a fantastic time.  We had a blast dancing all night and hanging out with our friends.  So, Monday night came and we stayed in.  We got all our favorite treats (see the bottom picture of the mess) and watched a movie after the kids went to bed.  And Landon got me the best gift ever.  He brought me cheap grocery store flowers and said that with the money he would have spent on roses we get to go to a cheese tasting class at Caputos Deli instead.  I would much rather eat my gift than look at it for two days before it wilts.  I'm so excited.

7 comments:

Amy McArthur said...

okay, so as I was scrolling down I stopped on the picture of the pancake thingee with the dollop of something and the words "Love House Making" at the bottom without the picture of said Love Houses. Without the visual clue my brain didn't register the word "House". It was a slightly awkward moment and I thought I'd share it with you.

Sarah A said...

I can see how that would be awkward. I have since changed it to the more appropriate "Making Love Houses". Happy?

Sue said...

What a great Valentines! We stayed in, too. But without all the work. I think Annies hair in the picture of her with the sucker wins for bedhead.

Amy McArthur said...

I don't know if "Happy" is the right word, but it'll do.

laura said...

I Love the pictures of the kids in their lips.
Sounds like a perfect Valentine's day to me. I am not one to underestimate the beauty in staying home with a rented movie. I much prefer that to a theater. Our V-day was filled with fevers and coughing. I'm jealous.

Scott B. said...

Awesome pictures once again. I had a different reaction to the one mentioned above. All I saw was "Love Making" and I thought wow, Sarah is really going to tell it all about their V-day. I think a candlelight breakfast is a great idea. And I loved Landon's cheese tasting idea.

Landon said...

What if, to avoid further confusion, you change the caption to read: "The construction of single family residences, hereinafter to be referred to as 'Love Houses'"

Just a thought.

And, in case anyone was wondering, YES -- that is a Tyrannosaurus Rex made out of red hots. It was an exceptional piece.