My parents watched my kids for five (!) days and Landon and I went to Monterey Bay, CA for some R&R. And it was wonderful. We walked and talked the entire time. I can't think of anyone else I would love spending so much time with.
A few of the highlights:
-The delightful cottage we stayed in. Just large enough for two people. I loved having a kitchen so we could cook at night.
-An afternoon strolling the art galleries and expensive shops in Carmel.
-A couples massage. Decadent.
-A trip to the farmer's market for the night's dinner. A word to the wise: duck eggs are not good, no matter what the nice boys from "the ranch" tell you.
-A bike ride along the coast to Pebble Beach. (The picture is at Lover's Point, awww...)
- Reading. We packed our books in our backpack and pulled them out whenever we felt like stopping. At the beach, on the wharf, at the park, etc.,
An afternoon stroll around Point Lobos. A gorgeous place.
-Multiple short trips to Monterey Bay Aquarium. Google Leafy Sea Dragon. You'll be glad you did.
-One sunset. Every other night it was misty and grey. But we caught a great one the night before we left.
Thank you Mom and Dad for letting us have a fantastic weekend.












6 comments:
Wonderful vacation and a cute, cute place to stay! I wondered if that's where you were when Tawna said she saw your Mom with the kids. I am so happy that you got to do this and had a great time!
I'm speechless. I'm waffling back and forth between insane jealousy and feeling just plain happiness for you two. I'm not sure which feeling is stronger but the battle is waging. No diapers for 5 days? This is the stuff of fairy tales.
Sounds amazing!
I think Amy pretty much summed it up for me...well, besides the diaper part. I don't have to worry about that.
Hooray. I've been waiting for this post and pictures too and they were all that I hoped they would be. I am so glad you guys got to go. It looks like a gorgeous place and so much fun to be just the two of you. I love that you stayed in a little cottage. Your parents are awesome. Are they for hire?
This is my total dream vacation, right down to the farmer's market dinner! I want to be you.
(It is understood that we would sub Aaron for Landon though, no hard feelings ;))
Post a Comment