Pardon all the cell-phone pictures on this post. I'm very lazy these days.
It is so fun having Landon's sister Alicia in town. She is the only sibling on either side that lives in Utah and we love hanging out with them. Sunday dinners, birthday parties, summer outings. It is wonderful being with family.
The trip to the zoo a while back.
Last week we hiked up Ferguson Canyon while Krista was in town. It was heaven. A gorgeous hike into a gorgeous small canyon full of rocks, a shallow river, and fallen logs. It was wonderful to be in the mountains with muddy feet. It's what life should be.
Aunt Krista and gorgeous Norah.
The kids drumming on a rock that they climbed to. Their adventure names on the hike were (in order) Sparrow, Gazelle, Alicia (Annie chose that for herself), and Doody.
Me and the kids.
Wild Annie and Krista.
Aren't the granite wall stunning? I love this canyon. It turns out that Aiden is quite the climber. I found him a few times higher than my head. I'm going to have to get the kid a rope and a harness.
Aiden climbed to the top of this rock. He told me he would "just jump off". Bad idea.
The hike out of the canyon. It was nice and shady. Perfect.
A little farewell from Annie. She began the hike in her Converse and was slipping and sliding all over the place. She took them off and did the entire hike out barefoot. That's my girl.
The conquerors! Actually, this is the view from the trail head. A hike that starts this beautiful is bound to be great.
Thank you Alicia, Brielle, Ava and Zach! We are SO glad we live next to you!







2 comments:
Love it!!! You are so nice. Of course we love hanging out with you guys just as much. I'm so glad I have at least some of my family close by. I love cousins playing together. That hike was the best. Swimming on Saturday was fun. And now, we'll see you tomorrow at Liberty Park. The fun never ends!
Alicia
Just getting caught up on blogs, and may I just say... I CAN NOT GET ENOUGH OF ANNIE. Love all your kids- but this girl is a real crowd pleaser with all her pictures. The boot, the headband... it's all too much.
I, too, love your neighborhood. The water coming from the fire hose looks awesome! My kids would love a 4th of July like that. Maybe we'll have to try yours out in the next couple years.
Post a Comment