Aug 19, 2011

Pancake Art

I'm usually an oatmeal or cream-of-wheat mom.  But today I stepped up my game and made some awesome pancakes.  These weren't ordinary pancakes.  No, sir.  These were works of art.  Here's the trick.  I  put the batter (half whole wheat, I can't help myself) in a squirter-unit that I bought at a restaurant supply store for $1.50.   Then just drew onto the pancake griddle. We went with initials, ages, dinosaurs, etc.,   My kids thought that I was amazing.  And that doesn't happen often- especially at breakfast.




For the outline-effect, squirt whatever you want dark first, let it sit, then fill in or around with more batter. 

3 comments:

Sue said...

Fantastic idea! These look great and so much fun!

Matthew and Hailey said...

What a fun idea!

Amy McArthur said...

I've been meaning to get me one of those $1.50 wonders for about 5 years now. You have put me to shame. Thanks to you I have now resolved anew to go forth. Thank you for this inspirational post. .....Oh, and whole wheat?...oatmeal?... cream-of-wheat? Why am I not surprised.