Sep 5, 2011

RC Park

We spent Saturday morning with my dad flying remote control airplanes at the RC airport.  Seriously, they actually have little mini airports set aside for flying toy planes.  Hilarious, I tell you. They even have air clearance so that real planes don't mess with them.  Aiden and Annie thought it was fabulous, and I enjoyed the beautiful weather and good company.


Aiden tried his hand at the remote.

And then Pampa showed them how a pro does it.
 They were impressed.
This is what the "non-pilots" did. 
An even more enthusiastic pilot explained his helicopter to his captive audience.  And then delighted us with a show.


 Aiden and Annie found the the rocks to be much more exciting.

5 comments:

Amy McArthur said...

Well, yeah! They're rocks! What's more exciting than that?

K Cummings said...

What is it about rocks? They always trump everything else I try to enrich my kids with.

Roger said...

I know how to use my remote too.

Kristen and Bill said...

We went shooting the other day and after the ammo was out, the boys spent a good 15 minutes throwing rocks at a plastic cup...

Obviously rocks never grow old.

Katie Hall said...

I didn't know your dad took up grandpa's hobby/obsession. That's so cool! I remember grandpa taking us out to fly one of his planes he'd been working on for forever and Ricky immediately flew it into the ground and destroyed it.