Oct 25, 2011

Candy

I subscribe to an email newsletter called, "Raise Healthy Eaters".  I generally like the tips, but this morning in their tips about how to handle Halloween candy they said that 2 year olds are "not as mentally aware and so usually aren’t even asking for sweets."  Seriously?!  They have never met Norah who is VERY aware of sweets and is ALWAYS asking for them.  This morning she dumped a box of nerds on the kitchen floor and spent the better part of an hour scouring the kitchen and eating every last one of them.  She is one diligent girl.





4 comments:

Amy McArthur said...

Love these pictures. Love nerds. And I love Norah.

Margie B said...

Maybe a first child, whose parents don't eat much candy would be "not as mentally aware and not asking for treats". Certainly no younger sibling would ever behave like that. They have to survive and so learn at a very early age what the rustle of a candy wrapper means! :-) Norah is too cute!

Elyse B said...

Ken is crazy about candy. He knows where my stash is hidden, is always asking for tootsie rolls and candy corn, and when I let him eat lucky charms, he picks out the marshmallows first-sometimes only. Also, I'm honestly convinced he can smell chocolate, even when it's still in a wrapper. Nora is NOT the only 1 year old to love candy, that's for sure!!

Roger said...

Proof positive that Norah is my granddaughter.