Oct 17, 2011

Run, Landon, Run

Landon ran another marathon on Saturday.  This time it was in South Jordan so me and the kiddies were able to cheer him on (even if it was only for the last 500 feet).  He cut 15 minutes off his time, so Landon was happy. The marathon itself was a small affair, they even gave Landon a personalized welcome across the finish line.  Fun stuff.

The kids worked hard on these signs for Dad.
Landon was on mile 26 when I took these pictures.  Wow, he was even able to smile and wave.  Impressive.


The weather was perfect, so the post-race stretching was nice for all of us.
 I love Aiden's sign.  It is of Landon crossing the finish line under a rainbow. 
Landon took a nice ice bath after the race whilst drinking hot chocolate.  Hilarious.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Yea, Landon! I am amazed that you could do them so close together. Wonderful job! I love that Sarah and the kids could be there.

Amy McArthur said...

I'm really nervous about Landon dropping his iphone in the water. I'm also nervous about looking at a picture of a grown man in a bathtub.

Sarah A said...

Hey, he's wearing his little shorts. But still, at least I cropped it.

Alicia said...

Awesome. I wish we would have known, we could have made signs and cheered also. I love Aiden's sign. Maybe he thought Landon was running in a Gay Pride marathon. Next time.

Nice work Landon on another marathon. Best time to do another is when you are already trained, right? Oh and when your not running in 94 degrees in St. George.

The husband with hot chocolate in an ice bath is all too familiar. Does he let out a little girly scream when he gets in?

laura said...

Awesome Landon!
That looks like a beautiful place to run. Especially when your family is at the finish line holding the coolest signs!