Oct 10, 2011

The fam!

We had a fabulous weekend with my entire family to celebrate my brother coming home from his mission.  It was the first time all six kids (plus four spouses, one girlfriend, and eight grandkids) have been together in four years.  It was a perfectly relaxing vacation, even though winter decided to roll in for the occasion.



We did a lot of talking and eating. 


When it got warm (over 40 degrees) we had a wienie-roast.  Turns out I really enjoy a chili cheese dog on a fall day.







Norah skipped the hot dogs and stuck with chips and... well, just the chips.

 We did puzzles,
 ...took pictures,
 ..cut hair,
 ...played guitar,

 ...played wii

...and played football.

Aiden turfed it pretty good,
... Norah maintained her hold on Pampa's heart,

...and Annie danced through it all.

It was a great weekend!  I can't wait to get together in another half-decade.



11 comments:

Alicia said...

Love it. It looks so fun to be with all of your siblings. And this is the first time I realized your parents had 3 boys, 3 girls and every other one. Cool. Of course your pictures are fantastic. I really felt I was there on a cold, blustery day eating a chili dog. Thanks for that. So glad you all got to be together.

Kristen and Bill said...

Wow!! I REALLY miss you guys!! I miss FAMILY!! You guys all look great and I can't believe Michael is already home...where did the time go?! My favorite picture is...well, all of them! Love love!!

Sue said...

Beautiful pictures! I even recognized Bear Lake. I thought - What a great looking family, a lot of blonde kids, crazy hair on someone besides Annie, everyone sure looks excited to have cake, and poor Aiden. Wonderful weekend, thanks for sharing.

Hksedwick said...

Awww how fun!! Love the Christensens.

Amy McArthur said...

That looks like so much fun!!!!!! The things I liked most were.
-Michael and the puzzle.
-Norah and Jim... can you say precious?
-Any pictures with Jenni in them... I haven't seen her pretty much since I got married... like literally the day of.
-Annie Dancing... I feel like I know your kids, and that just seems so Annie.
-And the picture of all the grandkids. How much cuteness can one camera hold?
Totally jealous.

P.S. - Your comment on my blog about being depressed that Nicholas is still doing those things made me laugh so hard this morning!! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but who knows... maybe your kids will mature faster than mine.

K Cummings said...

Aw. Can I join your family?

Annie's dance moves are awesome.

Teresa said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with family. That's too bad it was cold. The picture that made me want to be there was the football game. And I totally noticed that there is another blond, curly haired girl in your family. How funny. And none of your family have curls. Do you?
Great pictures!

Margie B said...

Love the pictures! Welcome home Michael! You guys all look so . . . grown up! (well most of the time! ;-) Looks like a great time.

Katie Hall said...

I suspected this was the reason neither you nor Carli responded to my texts this last weekend. And I assume everyone is back in their respective states by now. Sad. But that's so awesome that you all got to get together! Man I miss my pseudo-siblings/real cousins! :)

laura said...

Love it! Looks like an absolute blast. I have been claiming Annie and Aiden as complete Allreds, but they actually look a lot like their other cousins. I suppose I will share bragging rights from now on.
I thought your two younger brothers were the babies. Is Carli really between them?
And the pictures of Annie dancing... Ohhh, I love them. I do believe we have found the 8th and final child from the Sound of Music.
Love them all. Miss your family. Can't wait to see you in ONE month!

Sarah A said...

I love the confusion with Carli and the boys. We lined up in birth order at first (girl, boy, girl, girl, boy, boy) and my dad made us switch so that it went boy-girl order. It lead do a discussion on how confusing it was. So I'm glad that the rest of the world was as confused as us. But I suppose the aesthetic of the picture is better.