I don't mean to be a hater, but I simply don't enjoy Halloween. I would love it if it lasted one day- I'm all for unlimited candy and dressing up one day a year. But one whole week of candy and dressing up is not my thing. I'm thrilled that it is over. Absolutely thrilled. Now I'm ready to move on to the holidays that have some redeeming value.
Since I am a Halloween grinch I didn't even try to take pictures of all the activities. Neighborhood party, party with friends from Charlottesville, Landon's office trick-or-treating, Ward trunk-or-treat, Grandpa's office trick-or-treat, and then last night's nieghborhood trick-or-treating.
I tried to get a picture of the three kids before trick-or-treating last night. Impossible.
I tried. Then Grandma and Pampa showed up, and that was the end of that.
After a delicious dinner (rice with tuna gravy- trust me, it is wonderful) we headed out to get MORE candy.
One perk of bringing Grandma and Pampa- Landon and I got to hold hands the whole time while they wrangled the kids. It was great.
At the end of the day, the kids picked out their favorite ten pieces of candy, then turned in the rest (one week's worth of candy) for a toy. Here's is the remainder of Annie's Halloween loot. She likes the sparkle, even with her candy.











3 comments:
Norah is the cutest Raggedy Ann! Didn't Aiden want to be Superman, great job. I also think one week is too long.
I love your ideas on this Halloween subject Sarah. I am also very happy Halloween is over. And I also didn't devote much effort to picture taking. Norah could easily win a prize with that costume. She is ADORABLE! Annie's saved pieces of candy make me laugh. That is so funny. And what do you do with the rest of the candy? Trash or send to the soldiers? I do think the dentist buying the candy is such a great idea.
Now to look forward to wonderful Thanksgiving. :-)
Norah Looks Awesome... my favorite costume of the year!
Post a Comment