Highlights, according to the camera phone:
Thursday night we tried a ritzy pizza place with Carli and Jeremy. It was delicious. I don't know if the pizza was any better than Settebelo's (our favorite place here) but the cheese plate we had as an appetizer was amazing.
On the last night we went to Lolo's Chicken and Waffles which had an atmosphere completely opposite from the ritzy pizza place. It was in a trashy part of town- the kind of place where you are a little nervous to leave your car. But it was delicous. Fried Chicken, a sweet waffle and maple syrup over the whole thing is surprisingly delicious. I have tried chicken and waffles at a couple places but Lolo's was by far the best I've had.
While Landon ran his race Carli and I enjoyed a perfect girls day. A morning of hiking, a little shopping (We tried the famous Last Chance, turns out it isn't my cup of tea), lunch on a patio, a trip to Old Town Scottsdale for an art museum and people watching. Followed up by going to The Vow after dinner.
What we don't have pictures of is the day Landon and I spent hiking and running errands in the strip-mall mecca of America. Even running errands without kids is simply a delight.
A big thank you to Bryce for putting together the Ragnar team and a big thank you to Carli for hosting us!





4 comments:
I'd take the perfect girl's day over Landon's day any day!! I'm jealous you got to be with your sister...maybe to the point I'll be planning a trip to see Amy soon. *sigh*
I didn't see/read anything after the words "No kids". I'm just letting myself imagine such bliss.
So much fun. 80 degrees sounds amazing right now. Even 60 sounds nice! Ha Ha
What a wonderful trip!! Although... Sarah. My heart stopped when you said Last Chance was not for you. I am SO sad you didn't have a good experience. I will make it my lifes mission to go back there with you and turn things around for you. That's how passionate I am about my one experience with Last Chance. (Remember my adorable family of shoes?)
Enough about that... your girl day sounds awesome. I tried Fried Chicken and Waffles once. It felt weird. I will have to try again. I LOVE that Landon and Bryce were able to do a run together. For quite a while now, I have thought that our family could put together a Ragnar team. We wouldn't be the fastest team, but you better believe we'd have the best snacks in our van.
Post a Comment