Why are those words from a three-year-old often so scary. Annie had to give her first talk on Sunday so we spent all morning preparing. The topic was Latter Day Prophets Help Us Choose the Right so we spent the morning talking about how President Monson helps us. I had all sorts of good ideas, but Annie was sure she wanted to start with, "President Monson profers us..." and then some more nonsensical dither. Anyway, I convinced her to give the talk my way in primary and then she could do it on her own for FHE the next day. When it came time to give the talk, Annie confidently stood up to the podium, pulled out her scriptures (actually a copy of Crime and Punishment), laid them on the pulpit then loudly whispered to me, "I don't need help!". I honestly was terrified because once Annie gets something in her head that she wants to do on her own, it takes a real fight to get her to back down. And I didn't want to have that fight in front of the whole primary. Luckily, Landon walked in at that moment and I motioned him up to the front. Since, for whatever reason, Annie will take instruction from Landon, she gave a version of the talk that actually made sense. And, I must say, she did a fantastic job.
Here are the pictures she drew for her talk. They both are of President Monson. #2 is a picture of President Monson doing plie's. Of course.


7 comments:
Love it. and it is super annoying, but my kids listen to Lynn better as well. Dad power! wish I had it.
President Monson sure has a lot of fingers! Love it. So you spent the morning preparing.... I assume you mean the morning of.... And just so you know, I did the exact same thing with Emma, only we didn't actually start until we were in the car on the way to church. So, you beat me. Also, I'm in love with the mental picture of her hauling Crime and Punishment around as her scriptures. Priceless.
Would you mind recording the REAL version of the talk and posting it for all to see? And is Annie honestly only 3 years old? Why does she seem SO much older to me than Lila? Can't wait to see you all in 3 weeks!
I am in love with one Annie Allred! She is a crack up. I only wish we could know what her talk would have been if Landon hadn't shown up to help her. And how long she would have gone on. I would love video footage of the FHE talk as well. I can just see her slapping down Crime and Punishment and going at it.
P.S. You must send that second picture to President Monson. I'm sure he would love it.
Alicia
Rock on, Annie
Wow! I can't believe she draw so well. A. can't even draw a circle yet--let alone a face or a person. Impressive.
Oh, I wish I was there for this! Probably better that I wasn't. Fantastic that she gave a great talk! I think you should send the whole story to President Monson; Conference is in 2 weeks, he may need a light moment.
Post a Comment