Apr 24, 2012

Inn at the Lake


This weekend I got to live out a childhood dream that I never knew I had.  My parents are building a cabin at Bear Lake and when they go up to check on things the builder lets them stay at another cabin overnight.  Landon and I have joined them a few times because, hey, it's a free vacation.  Last weekend  the cabin that we were going to stay at was unavailable, so the builder gave us an ENTIRE INN to stay in.  There were no other people there, no management, just us.  For some reason this was extremely exciting.  Not just for my kids, but for me.  Kind of embarrassingly exciting for me. We had a great time in the giant dining room and exploring all of the 20 rooms.   It was surprisingly fun.  My brothers and I kept quoting lines from the classic-to-my-family movie Snowball Express about a family that fixes up an inn.  But this inn was much nicer, in that it had running water and heat.  You can actually rent out the entire thing for big family reunions, etc.,  It sleeps 65.  But going up with 10 people was also fun.

The front
 The kids all eating at separate tables in the dining room.
Norah felt that 47 degrees was plenty warm for playing soccer in just a diaper
 Aiden playing hoops out back
 All my little animals
 By the afternoon it was gorgeous weather so we relaxed on the grass
And a series of pictures from the kids' walk
 Umm, coolest thing ever


We had a great 24 hours up there.

5 comments:

Amy McArthur said...

I have a strange urge to watch Snowball Express. I'm completely jealous. That looks like a riot. Best picture: Kids eating at different tables. Love it.

Krista said...

Wow! Looks like a great place, and on Bear Lake! C
an you imagine that as your house??? With help, of course! Please remember that if our family ever gets that big, which we should.

Kelsey said...

Is it too late to change our plans? Let's build an Inn. Also, glad to see Aiden putting safety first.

Sarah H said...

Cool! I'd love to have a giant inn to ourselves. Too bad you couldn't stay even longer.

Erin Ellsworth said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Beautiful place!