I was dreading the drive but it was surprisingly easy. It actually went great. And we made it in record time. The rest of the trip was just as easy. I have fantastic in-laws who make life wonderful and easy.
I failed to take many pictures, but here are a few gathered from my phone and camera:
Aiden and I enjoying chocolate cake at the big birthday party.
Who doesn't love a toddler in a party hat?
The birthday boy bullying all the little kids.
Celebrating Roger's birthday on his actual birthday day.
I helped my sister-in-law paint her front room. We had to dig through the DI pile to find paint clothes for me. This is the lovely outfit we came out with. When you are six months pregnant, the most flattering thing to wear is fluorescent pink polka-dot pants and a fluorescent orange shirt that is too short. Gorgeous.
One of the highlights of the week was taking Aiden and Annie to Dewar's for a famous Black and White. (Think vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, chocolate ice cream, and marshmallow cream) It was fun to be "nice mom" for once. I would highly recommend taking your kids for a giant ice cream sunday every once in a while.
We got to go to lunch with Roger and Sue. It was on day eight of vacation so the kids weren't in the best of moods. But we had fun anyway.
I gave Aiden all of his choices for lunch- chicken nuggets, noodles, pancakes, etc., What did he choose? A big bowl of oatmeal. And he and Norah enjoyed every bit of it.
And what can I say? Landon and I don't do well without each other. My phone history can prove it.
And always the highlight of grandma's- the pool. Aiden and Annie were also there, but they weren't as cute.
Norah hated pretty much everyone, but she loved Piko.
After a week in Bakersfield we headed back home and picked up Landon in Vegas where he was staying on business.
Here is the crew figuring out the Mandalay Bay map.
I took the kids to the Mandalay Bay aquarium while Landon was in meetings. If you are ever in Vegas I would highly recommend it.
While Landon was at his fancy-pants dinner, I took the kids to Raising Cane's for dinner. Another Vegas recommendation.
And that's it. Six more hours of driving and we were home.















4 comments:
Your family is so cute. The few times that I've gone out of town without Cody, my call history looks exactly the same.... except with Cody's name, not Landon's... that would be weird. usually by day 2, Cody's ringtone makes everyone around me roll their eyes and say, "NOT AGAIN!!" Sorry I couldn't call you back while you were driving. I would love to chat some time. Why don't you guys plan a trip out here to SC? I promise to talk to you on your drive over.
What a wonderful vacation! Thanks for coming and sharing your family with us.
I will have the Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce send you your promotion check.
you are brave. looks like fun.
Post a Comment