I really like pinterest for organizing my internet "want to do's". I especially love it for organizing recipes that I want to make. But my one hang-up with that is that I never get real reviews from people, and I really love recipe reviews. So here are a few recipes that I tried last week with my reviews. Click on the title for a link to the recipe.
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Good, but unexciting
Pros: The idea was good. You really can't go too wrong with shrimp tacos. The best thing from this recipe was the idea to throw corn tortillas on the grill to heat them up-they were perfect. And it really made me want to try another shrimp taco recipe, just not this one.
Cons: The salsa was WAY too oniony and the seasoning on the shrimp was unexciting. Maybe my tomatillos weren't ripe? I don't know.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Yummy. The perfect summer supper.
Pros: I made the dressing and cut all the vegetables during nap time and was able to throw it all together five minutes before dinner. It tasted absolutely delicious. Fresh and lite, but the noodles made it hearty enough to feel like a meal and not a side. The recipe makes a lot of salad. I mixed all the ingredients together, served 1/3 for dinner and ate the rest of it for lunch last week. I kept the dressing separate until right before eating.
Cons: Making the dressing and cutting veggies was time consuming. There was too much cilantro and ginger. I'll cut those down next time I make it.
My rating: 5 of 5
Healthy, filling, and delicious.
Pros: Delicious. A great way to eat quinoa and black beans- both considered super foods. And my kids loved it. Aiden, who is an incredibly picky eater, ate mounds of the quinoa and beans, minus the toppings. And Annie loaded on all the vegetables and ate like a champion. Norah rubbed hers in her hair. (She's more of a breakfast eater) I ate mine more like a taco salad, heavy on the lettuce. Landon went the protein route- heavy on the quinoa and beans. I love a meal that is versatile enough to make everyone happy. And pretty easy to make.
Cons: Umm, not a super fast meal to make. But again, you can make all of it before hand and take it all out of the fridge right before dinner. I ate it all at room temperature, but hot or cold would also be good.
Rating: 4 of 5
Perfect for when you are craving oreos, pudding, and cool whip. And who doesn't crave that?
Pros: So yummy. And a big crowd pleaser. I made it when all the Young Men and Young Women came over and they loved it. It was very easy to make. Super easy.
Cons: I had to buy an entire package of oreos but it was fast sunday when I made it so I didn't get to eat a single one. Other than that, really not many cons.
Rating: 5 of 5
Oh my. This one is good. Not good for you. But so good. It is an ideal Sunday dinner meal. A little indulgent and you throw it in the crockpot before church so it is ready afterward. I've made this a few times. It is also great for a crowd.
Pros: Delicious, delicious, delicious. Fabulous Indian restaurant taste. And it's crockpot, so the difficult part of cooking can be done before the difficult part of the day.
Cons: This is a little involved to make. You have to make the marinade the night before, then broil the chicken, then put it all in the crockpot. But, on the plus side, you can do that all before things get crazy.




3 comments:
I am so stinkin excited that you did this. I made for dinner tonight "Sauteed Chicken with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette" over arugula. It was delish. I was just thinking it would be cool to share the recipes I like and get other people's good recipes. I am excited to try the Asian Noodle Salad and now I need the recipe for Tikka Masala and the burrito bowls. I just can't touch that oreo dessert. Looks so good though. Thanks for sharing.
Thank You. I made the Asian noodle salad because you said it was good. It was a hit at Bobbie's 102 birthday party. I can't wait to try the other stuff.
Love this post! I will definitely be trying the ones you liked. Thanks.
Post a Comment