May 21, 2012

Happy Big 3-0 Landon!

Landon's big birthday was on Saturday.  Like most people, he just wanted to use the day to relax and get doted upon.  He did that by waking up at 3:45 AM and running a marathon, then limped around for the rest of the day.  And he, by all accounts, thought it was the perfect day.  He cut a whopping 30 MINUTES off his last marathon time (finishing in 3 hours, 15 minutes).  30 minutes for his thirtieth birthday, I couldn't have come up with a better gift.

Here he is heading out the door before 4AM.  If you want a pair of his awesome sweats, too bad, I already snagged them from DI.
After kind of sleeping for another couple hours the kids woke up and we made signs to cheer Landon on.


Then we headed up to Ogden to find our runner.  We got there five minutes before he crossed the finish line- perfect timing!
Landon spent the rest of the day napping then shopping for hiking boots. So I spent the day with these cute things. Trust me, the whole day was as idyllic as this.

If by idyllic you mean this chaos:
Landon and I managed to go to dinner that night, which was hilarious.  A limping marathoner and a waddling pregnant lady are an awesome pair. You should have seen us getting out of the car and stepping up curbs.  There was a lot of grunting and groaning.

We'll end with this picture.  Norah loves her watermelon and is VERY possessive of it.

5 comments:

Amy McArthur said...

I love this post. Your kids are adorable, and your husband is insane.

Erin Ellsworth said...

Happy B-day Landon, and good job on your marathon.

Sue said...

Sounds like the perfect day, even the marathon.

laura said...

Norah kills me!! She is the most hilarious, opinionated gal on the planet.
Looks like a perfect birthday. Are you kidding me on that time?? Very impressive. I would love to run across the finish line with those cute kids and their awesome signs to welcome me.
Glad it was such a great day for you all.

jimchar@comcast.net said...

Okay, if you keep posting pictures like that you will succeed in making me homesick!!

CONGRATULATIONS to Landon, 30 minutes is huge!! Way to go!