Jul 14, 2012

Nesting

I love the nesting urge I get when I'm pregnant.  This pregnancy I took on the basement and the office as my projects.  And I must say that I really liked how they turned out.

Here are a few before shots of the basement in various stages: You can't totally tell from these pictures but there were three different colors of paint on the walls, and four different textures of wall.  It was lovely.

And here is the after: New paint, pictures on the wall, and pillows.  Landon is planning on building some toy storage which will cover that mess, but it still looks better than it did.



My favorite thing in the room is the allred sign.  I had the kids watercolor paper and then cut out the letters of our last name from the painted paper.  I love how it turned out.  And the kids love to see what they painted.  I clearly need to fill more of the frames.  But hey, since when is any project completely crossed off the list?

Project #2: The Office

Here are some before pictures. In all honesty, it was never actually this clean.  Ever.  These were taken right when we moved in, before it had a chance to gather every spare item in the house.

 This one shows a little better what it usually looked like.  Notice the precarious stacks of stuff in the background.
And here are the after pictures.  Landon built me the bookshelves and desk.  The drawers are from Ikea and Landon built the desktop to go on top of them.  Eventually I'll put pictures on the walls, but for now I'm liking the clean look.




And now we are getting out the bassinet for the baby,  which will live in here for the next few months.  Goodbye clean office.  It was wonderful for a few short hours.

4 comments:

Carli and Jeremy said...

He finished the desk! It is so pretty!

Amy McArthur said...

I love it!!! The best thing about owning a house is if you don't have a place for everything... you can make one! I may steal your idea for the name thing... super cute. Although it would require placing paint in my children's hands.... hmmm... I'll have to think about it. Maybe if you send me a close up of it, I'll be more persuaded to do so. The desk is great. Isn't it nice having handy husbands? Good luck on that baby of yours. Do you have a name yet?

P.S. I still love your map and am coveting it.

Erin Ellsworth said...

looking good.

laura said...

Maybe I DO need to be pregnant again. Nesting would do wonders for this house of unfinished projects.
I love your basement. It looks so much lighter and bigger.
Super impressed by the desk Landon made. I SOO, SOO wish we were the "handy" type of people. We're just not.