Aiden's 6th Birthday was yesterday. We had a wonderful time celebrating him.
Aiden is a wonderful kid. I love that he always wants to do what's right and wants to please me. I love his curiosity about the world. I love that he loves his sisters. I love his excitement for this new baby. I love that tonight he prayed that "the devil would choose the right". I love this kid.
Highlights of the day:
-having Aiden walk into our room at 4:45, 5:15, 5:45... etc., the birthday excitement was palpable
-having Annie walk into our room at 6:15 saying her eye felt funny. This is what we saw:
-Chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. And learning that Norah is a true pyromaniac.
-Aiden's birthday party. He went with a Science Experiments theme and it was a blast! It was the perfect way to entertain 8 five and six year olds.
-Making slime/goop
-Exploding "elephant toothpaste" Despite the picture, I think he did have fun.
- Quasimodo seemed to enjoy it.
-Opening presents!
-Making ice cream in a bag
-Eating said ice-cream (some kids were heavy on the ice, others heavy on the cream)
-And eating some truly disgusting slime cupcakes.
We had a great day and I'm excited to see what this year has to bring for Aiden!











5 comments:
Looks like Norah takes after her mother...
And did you find out what was wrong with Annie's eye? That looks so uncomfortable. Happy Birthday to Aiden! I can't believe he's already 6 years old!!
What a wonderful birthday and party! Science is great! Seems like it fits Aiden perfectly. We learned that bugs are great, too. Some kids that don't open up at other times, really open up for bugs (dead and mounted; entomology). Happy Birthday Aiden! Welcome home, Char!
Oh my goodness, I laughed at loud at every picture of Annie. Does that make me a bad aunt? She looked like she felt okay though, what was it?? And Happy Birthday Aiden! He told me he loved his party, so don't worry about that. It looks like it was a hit! And I love your yard, it looks so nice and summery!
Sarah. You can't post pictures of Annie looking like that and then not explain!! I hope she is feeling(seeing) better.
Happy Birthday to Aido!! He is such a great kid. I am grateful to him for being such good buddies with Blake. The party looks like every young boy's dream. Good work!
And your mom is home!!! When did that happen??
Happy Birthday. Looks like fun. Hope Annie gets better!
Post a Comment