Jan 2, 2011

Jungle January

I love December.  The people, the presents, the food, the chaos.  I really do love all of it.  But come January, I'm ready to simplify things.  So this January Landon and I are doing a "life cleanse".  It involves two simple things.

First, spending no money.  I wish we could really spend $0, but that isn't possible.  But we will only be spending money on bills, loans, and groceries.  No eating out, no money for dates (but we will pay a babysitter), no new clothes, no new anything.  I'm so excited.  Every time I went out in December it was to buy, buy, buy.  But this month there won't be any of that pressure. 

The second prong of our "life cleanse" is to eat vegetarian this month.  I do love meat, but we're hoping to retrain ourselves to eat lighter foods with more whole grains and more vegetables and fruits.  I'll be posting our weekly menus with recipes on our blog in case anybody wants to join us. 

Hopefully out little cleanse (or Jungle January, as we have dubbed it) will get us out of the habits we so willingly picked up in December. 

2 comments:

Landon said...

If you're curious, Sarah originally called this "No Meat January." I told her it needed to be something alliterative, and the first "J" word she came up with was "Jungle."

"Who knows where thoughts come from? They just appear." Lucas, Empire Records.

Alicia said...

I love, love, love it. I feel the same way. I ate treats and shopped my way through December. I'm so ready to stop - to clean the house, not go shopping, eat some vegetables and just have a slow simple January. We already lost on the no spending thing as Scott bought both our treadmill and new camera yesterday. I would love though to try some of your vegetarian recipes. Can't wait to see them.