..and sometimes it is the oversized things that make life great. In this case, it is a large canvas map. We are talking 6 1/2 feet by 5 feet. We were walking through IKEA when I saw it and I knew it needed to be somewhere in our house. We don't travel a lot, or ever. But I dream of a day when we will. And until then, I will make sure that my kids know where they fit in the world. Even if this particular world has an unnaturally large Europe.
As Landon was putting it up tonight he said I reminded him of Kristen Wiig in one of our favorite SNL clips:
HAHAHA! I freaking love Kristen Wiig - she's hysterical! Oh, and Spencer and I love maps, too! Though we don't have one that's as awesome as yours. Once we're in our own place we want to have one wall of one of the rooms be almost covered in cool random maps.
Now I'm going to be spending all day coming up with all the reasons we NEED one and how I will justify the cost of driving the 3 hours to our nearest IKEA. As if I didn't have enough to do already. Seriously though. That is so cool. In our dream house we have a library within which, we plan on having a map like yours. Awesome. Thanks for helping me break that commandment about coveting.
I tried commenting and I don't think it worked...so if you get this twice, sorry!
I've been wanting a large map to put in my office for SO long now!! Thanks for telling me where I can get one...Good thing we live across the country so people don't notice we have the same decor :)
5 comments:
HAHAHA! I freaking love Kristen Wiig - she's hysterical! Oh, and Spencer and I love maps, too! Though we don't have one that's as awesome as yours. Once we're in our own place we want to have one wall of one of the rooms be almost covered in cool random maps.
Now I'm going to be spending all day coming up with all the reasons we NEED one and how I will justify the cost of driving the 3 hours to our nearest IKEA. As if I didn't have enough to do already. Seriously though. That is so cool. In our dream house we have a library within which, we plan on having a map like yours. Awesome. Thanks for helping me break that commandment about coveting.
I tried commenting and I don't think it worked...so if you get this twice, sorry!
I've been wanting a large map to put in my office for SO long now!! Thanks for telling me where I can get one...Good thing we live across the country so people don't notice we have the same decor :)
Love this SNL clip! FABULOUS!
I love the wall size map. Looks very world travelly.
Love the map, such a great idea. And that is for sure one of my favorite SNL clips, also, haha!
Post a Comment