Apr 16, 2012

Easter

On Saturday the Easter Bunny was a bit deterred by the rain and instead hid eggs in the kids' toy room.  The kids still enjoyed it. They found their baskets AND all the eggs. Honestly, my kids are amazing. 




On Sunday Norah had a mild case of Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease so we decided against taking her to church.  You're welcome, Nursery.  But the other kids sure were cute, if a bit grumpy.




That night we met with my dad's family for a delicious Mexican Easter dinner.  Our kids were the only people under the age of 20 there, and they sure made a splash.  Norah showed up with a blistery rash, unattractive at best. Then Aiden and Annie played outside with two large dogs and a garden hose.  They were in heaven until one of the dogs head-butted Aiden and cut his eyelid.  As I was inside trying to calm a screaming, bleeding Aiden, I heard all the adults laughing at some scene outside.  Turns out Annie was cold from playing in the hose and decided to take off all of her clothes for all the neighbors to see. ALL of her clothes. She was squatting in the side yard bushes because it was, "C-C-C-Cold".  At that point, in an effort to avoid any additional humiliation, we headed home and called it a day.  

7 comments:

jimchar@comcast.net said...

Ha Ha! Love it! And, I'm glad to know where my pink sweatshirt is, I was looking for that this morning!! :)

Amy McArthur said...

I don't even know what to say except that I smiled the whole time I read this post.

Roger said...

I keep looking for the "Like" button, but that wouldn't be enough!

Kristen and Bill said...

Aiden is such a handsome dude! And, yes, blogs need a "like" button.

Katie Hall said...

What a great Easter dinner we had! I can't wait for my kiddos to be crazy right along with yours :)

Scott B. said...

Your pictures are great. Your Easter dinner sounds funny to the rest of us, but probably not so fun when you are the pregnant mom in the middle of it. We did take Zachary to church with hand, foot and mouth disease (because we didn't know). Sorry nursery. He looked a lot like Norah by Monday.

Sarah H said...

My A. just got over Hand, Foot, & Mouth. Not fun. He cried from the pain. I hope Norah got over it quickly.